Wednesday, December 23, 2015

INTERVIEW:GETTING TO KNOW THE INSPIRATIONAL GODDESS 'Marilyn OmaAfrica Anona'


It was an educating and interesting chat between Karen (Enekem.com Ambassador) and Marilyn Oma Anona(little Oprah Winfrey) as she is fondly called by her friends and fans....

Marilyn is the host of Omaliving show and is also a founder and brain behind so many projects..

Below is the Exclusive interview, read, learn and be inspired


Karen(ENEKEM Ambassador ): Can I meet you ma'am?

Marilyn Oma Anona: I am Marilyn Oma Anona, people call me different names like little Oprah, inspirational goddess and so on. I am a Nigerian and I am from Anambra State,  Abagana to be precise. I am the first child of my lovely parents. I am left handed. I reside in the FCT.

Karen(E.A): Wow , you seem to have a very interesting personality , After I was assigned to interview you I looked you up and I found out that you are the host of Omaliving show...quite impressive!

Marilyn Oma Anona: Thank you dear.



Karen(E.A): Can you tell us what the show is all about?

Marilyn Oma Anona: Omaliving Show is a TV talk show that is centred on the youths, our value system and the society. It came about due to an individual's zeal to see that the society becomes a better place by first touching and changing the lives of the people that live in and make up this society. It's purely about inspiration, motivation, living a life of virtue and succeeding, celebrating people worth celebrating, bringing the unsung heroes in our society to the limelight and lots more.

This is not a show that is all about the glamour and red carpet appearances. This is a campaign to actually make impact in the society. And this talk show is very unique. It is more than a TV talk show that is why you see "Living" in it.

It treats issues that are very relevant and pressing as we we go about our daily activities. It reaches out to people who may not have access to the TV and social media through charity and empowerment projects like my project "the right stage" which is focused on the public schools in Nigeria. Omaliving Show is out to make real impact, we are aware that not all who fit into our target audience have access to the TV..so we do exactly what we do on TV physically and even more.

 And it is a nationwide project, I mean the right stage. We have also done several other projects aimed at touching and inspiring lives. Projects like ; the march against societal vices, hiking with Oma, independence day picnic tagged "are we independent?", talent hunts and lot more.. the motto of this talk show is "inspire the uninspired ". Inspiration is all we need to live well and succeed.

 The concept is the first of it's kind in Nigeria and the entire Africa. Entirely new, unique and original. I I am also a creative and inspirational writer, public speaker.



Karen(E.A): I can only imagine what it takes to do all you do, 
You also have other projects like "the charity empowerment project" the alpha gamma hall of art" am I right?


Marilyn Oma Anona: The Alpha Gamma Hall of Art was set up to help youngsters who have the talent and passion for performing and creative art.

To help them I mean to groom them and also avail them the necessary platform for practice. Right now, we have some members all ready who attend classes, learn the rudiments of what ever interest they have in a bid to become professionals. The first set are already taking part in our TV drama series that is currently being produced.




Karen(E.A): That's quite much to take on by oneself.....how did you get startup funds for your project?


Marilyn Oma Anona: God provided it. And I am ever so grateful because he is the reason I have come this far. The charity/empowerment project needs support from well meaning individuals and organisations to make it big like it should be though, like I said it's a nationwide project aimed at empowering and catching them young.

So far, it's been support from friends and
it's almost nothing


Karen(E.A):What are the challenges you face from the TV show...charity programmes..projects etc?

Marilyn Oma Anona: Challenges will always present or rear it's head and it's a reminder that we are in the world. There will always be challenges at the beginning. You see, most people think the biggest challenge is capital for set up but from experience I can tell you that the biggest challenge is finding the right people to work with. You see, we live in a society where people would complain about no jobs but are not ready to work.

 They just want to sit down day in, day out and have someone pay them at the end of the day. The biggest challenge is finding the right people to work with. Apart from laziness, most Nigerians are dishonest and love to dupe. That is the worst challenge so far. During the production of the first season of Omaliving Show, it was something else. We were paying for the best or one of the best cameras you can think of for example and the DOP was giving us something so inferior, and so many other instances like this.

 Next to that is the challenge of the big organisations to support upcoming act. No matter how good, you must know somebody that knows somebody. What happens to the likes of me and others who are filled with substance but have no one as a god father? You see these organisations waste money on trivial issues

Lack of sponsorship is another issue and especially for the charity / empowerment project. it is big and a great one but so far we have not gotten any support from any organisation despite the series of letters written to them

These are some of the challenges.





Karen(E.A): In the midst of all these challenges what is your inspiration/motivation?  What is that thing that kept you going? because it can't just be something ordinary 'smiles'

Marilyn Oma Anona: My inspiration comes from within me. And my motivation comes from set goals and the determination to succeed in life. I have remained undaunted and consistent in my vision and mission. Like I said earlier, the brand Omaliving Show didn't start because of desire for glamour and gracing the red carpet, it came about because of the passion and strong desire to make impact in the society by inspiring and touching Lives. So challenges can not halt this.

It will only strengthen me and make me tougher and better.‎

Karen(E.A): That's really awesome, I really hope a lot of youths will emulate these your qualities and mindset, OK this is one random question I always ask people,

If you where asked to start your career all over what would you do differently?

Marilyn Oma Anona: first, I would have started earlier. I.come from a family that you would describe as acada. They love school and everything about professional practice.

All that time spent debating with dad and convincing him that being a medical doctor was not for me would not have been wasted. So one is, I would start earlier than I did say at age 21 because I have always known my gifts right from day one even though I am very good at a lot of things but I knew what I wanted to do particularly and what I want to do by the side.
Secondly, I would take time to gather the right people and not just trust people because they claim to be good. I will put up great check on anyone I am to work with.


Karen(E.A): Any role model or any particular person you admire?
Marilyn Oma Anona: I am called little Oprah, over the years people would say different things to me I. e try to say I remind them of so so and so. Admiration? Ok let's give it to Oprah Winfrey, Chimamanda Adichie and Dora Akunyili


Karen(E.A): Those are Role models I adore too, we seem to have a couple of things in common. '

Can you tell us Where you see yourself in the next five years?


Marilyn Oma Anona: A global figure. Well recognised for great impact, inspiring and changing lives through projects that are not just mere talk but actual practice. To have done several other projects and helped people to achieve their dreams. That's the only way I am satisfied.


The journey so far has not been so smooth but it's not so bad too. The recognition have been coming by way of being nominated and actually winning awards without me knowing those who nominated me.

 This year 2015, I won 3 awards. It goes a long way to prove to me that people are aware of what I do.





Karen(E.A): Wow that's amazing

Marilyn Oma Anona: Thank you


Karen(E.A): On a personal level.....do you intend getting married soon...any boyfriend or fiancé? Give us a little scoop cause am sure some of your fans and secret admirers would like to know. Lol


Marilyn Oma Anona: of course a beautiful lady like me should have a man. I have man that I love so much and he loves me a great deal. He loves me so much that I don't ever bother or worry. He can practically cut his head off to make me happy. I am a total mess sometimes but he loves me nonetheless. As for marriage, soon just waiting for the right time.

Karen(E.A): well your man is a very lucky man to have stolen your heart, please don't forget to invite the enekem.com team to your wedding, we will be very honored. lol

On issues affecting the nation...what is your position on the Biafra agitation?
We also learnt that united nations has cleared Adaobi Megan for Biafra government...the success of Pro-Biafrans protest will lead to the birth of a new country and looking at your state of Origin on the map you will cease to be a Nigerian citizen,  so do you support this movement or you are totally against it?

Marilyn Oma Anona: I am a Nigerian, I believe that Nigeria is our destiny, we all need to change our attitude to life. Dividing the country into 6 parts or more will not bring any solution

Karen(E.A): That's True, Let's just watch and see where this is leading to,  what is your advice to other business entrepreneurs out there that are also very ambitious to make it big?


Marilyn Oma Anona: Consistency, perseverance, dedication. Starting a business isn't the main thing, running it and building it up is.

A society like ours doesn't help matters as most people live on the fast lane. There are nights you won't sleep because of worry, you would starve because you are putting in all you have to make sure you succeed, you cry and you almost go crazy.

You will be betrayed by even people you least expected but never ever give up. It's very tough especially for young entrepreneurs, but we must always hold on and be steadfast. I have come to realize that team building is one of the hardest part of setting up a business.


Karen(E.A): How/where can people who want to support or join your programme contact/reach you

Marilyn Oma Anona:
I am on IG : @omalivingshow
FB: Marilyn OmaAfrica Anona.
Facebook page: Omalivingshow/facebook
WhatsApp 08038815613.
Twitter : @poshmarilyn
Website: www.alphagammamm.com
I am based in Abuja


Karen(E.A):Thank you for your time I really enjoyed talking to you and I know a lot of people will learn one or two things from what you have said.

Marilyn oma anona:,it was a pleasure talking with you too....

4 comments:

  1. I wish we had a lot of women like this In Nigeria,here in the US,people see Nigerian girls as either illiterates or wayward girls.God bless you Oma ,will contact you as soon as I can help you in anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview ,Hmm I think Marilyn is running too many projects at a time.why not focus or one or two, it will be difficult or take too much time to push all these projects into establishment .just saying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting,Enekem who be this your ambassador that we don't know her face, hope she is fine cause she sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you go interview Buhari na... Dis one wey fuel scarcity dey..

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:
Drop Comments
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by ANY STAFF OF ENEKEM.
*ENEKEM Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Enekem.com
*cheers*

NEW MUSIC: Saint (@Saint_ntb) - Koko

This tune is banging ,Guys check out this KoKo jam by Saint  Atunnise Olaoluwa aka Saint is a songwriter/singer claims whose aim is to deliv...