Saturday, June 6, 2015

Why MTN Refused To Renew My Contract - Timaya opens up

The king of dance hall Music In Nigeria , Timaya, has revealed the reason behind his decision not to renew his endorsement deal with telecommunications giants, MTN.


MTN had released a list of its ambassador that renewed their deals last week and Timaya wasn't listed among the array of celebrities, sparkling rumuors on why he was left out.

However, the self-acclaimed Egberipapa 1 of Bayelsa revealed the main reason why he pulled out of the deal in a recent interview with Punch's Saturday Beats.

Timaya claims he didn't have any issues with MTN, but wanted a better deal.

"I have always wanted to become an ambassador to a telecommunications company and I was approached by both Globacom and MTN. I chose MTN. I am a businessman and I feel I should have a better deal this year. If the deal is not good enough for me, then it is not right because I worked very hard to get to the stage I am. It could be right for other people but I think I should do better this year.

There are some artistes that are brand ambassadors and they do not have any hit song. They are just there based on pity. Every year, I release a hit song and I feel if we are to renew a contract, we have to revisit the terms and conditions.

Not that we would do the same thing as the last time or do it out of pity. Being a brand ambassador makes you limited in some certain areas and I expect to be paid for such limitations. I want more. They are good people and we did not have any misunderstanding. It was purely a business decision," Timaya said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:
Drop Comments
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by ANY STAFF OF ENEKEM.
*ENEKEM Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Enekem.com
*cheers*

NEW MUSIC: Saint (@Saint_ntb) - Koko

This tune is banging ,Guys check out this KoKo jam by Saint  Atunnise Olaoluwa aka Saint is a songwriter/singer claims whose aim is to deliv...