Monday, November 23, 2015

TOUCHING :'Imagine The World Without You..'- Blog Readers Views On Life And Death

As I drove into the parking space at the Yaba cemetery, cold chills ran through my spine and my body hairs felt like that of some North American porcupine. I wasn't sure if it was the weather or the monument filled environment that was having an effect on me. It had been threatening to run all day but it was all a crazy mixture of thick dark clouds and little rays of sunlight. Some say an elephant is about to the born at such times (talk about some weord African mythology).

I pulled out the floral wreath and stepped down in my black tux. I made my way to the funeral place. It was the burial of the popular business mogul, Chief Bode. His family requested for a quiet ceremony with few friends and family. His son, Tunde has been my friend since childhood. I walked up to the coffin which now housed one of the country's most influential men. So powerful a man now reduced to memories of silent nights. I laid the wreath by his side, tapped my friend and whispered "Be strong bro" as I made for an empty seat at the back. Encomiums were being showered on him by friends and foes. Both the good things he did and did not do were extolled of him. You could feel the pangs of death amidst silent sobs.

"Hebrews 9:11 says 'And it is appointed unto men to die but after that is the judgement" The priest's voice rang aloud. Tunde bent his head as he tried consoling his mum and sister.

Beneath the whole James Bond show he was putting on, lay a bloodshot eyes hidden behind the dark shade waiting to pour out rain of tears like rivers of many waters. Memories of Chief flooded my memory throughout the sermon.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Imagine the world without Chief Olubode Williams. Rest in the perfect peace of the bossom of our Lord Jesus. May we arise" The priest said ending the sermon as the choir sang the "Only remembered by what we have done..." hymn...

As I drove back home silently, a still voice whispered to me "Derrick, imagine the world without you. Would the world still be without form and void? Would darkness still be upon the face of the deep? Would the world be better off without you or would the world yearn for the spark of beauty you bring to it?"

Listen readers, it might be a fiction tale but the message is as real as you and me. What have you done to make an impact in your generation? Who have you influenced and who can say I own a large part of my life success to you? Away from the proud outlook, how does your life influence people around you? Everyone is talking about the government being bad but imagine your country without you? Would it be a joy not to see you destroy raw materials and vandalize properties yet not pay tax. Some are praying for Paris when they can't even pay for their selves. You expect the world to fall at your feet like you are some Da Vinci painting?

Just spare sometime today to imagine the world without you in it. Would the world cry out for someone like you or would the world throw a deathday shower to celebrate your nonexistence? Would you keep dancing in the dark and not let your true potential spring forth? This is a you thing. Find out your purpose in life and live your dream. Big shout out to Laila, without her, you might not have read this. Everyone has a world of his/her own. You have your world, I have mine. We all have our worlds, but imagine the world without you. Rule your world then you can rule the world... Imagine the world without you..

Derrick Chidumebi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:
Drop Comments
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by ANY STAFF OF ENEKEM.
*ENEKEM Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Enekem.com
*cheers*

NEW MUSIC: Saint (@Saint_ntb) - Koko

This tune is banging ,Guys check out this KoKo jam by Saint  Atunnise Olaoluwa aka Saint is a songwriter/singer claims whose aim is to deliv...