Wednesday, November 4, 2015

STORMREX TALKS ABOUT LIFE, MUSIC AND THE BIG DREAM ON THE XPERIENCE @Stormrexbaby

We are really excited to have Nigeria most indigenous female act grace our show ,
I don't need to give you an introduction, you prolly might know her better.

I am really happy, not because i have special love for her, but because she's one of Nigeria Most talented and i want to be like her when i grow up.
Ogbogu Yvonne Akuabata as she is not popularly called hails from Ezeagu LGA in enugu state. Her birthday anniversary is on the 18th of September.
Asides singing she loves, swimming, hanging out and chilling with friends, she also loves sea food, its her favourite.
She prefers to wear skinny jeans and Ankara or any Normal nice top with a matching heels and handbag, she's comfy with it anytime any day.
Storm Rex studied, Biochemistry at the Enugu state university of science and technology.
So ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you...................
Storm Rex!!!!! Wow!!!

XP: Mama! How are you?
STORMREX: Am fine thank you.
XP: so gist us, when and how did you get interested in music.
STORMREX: I got interested in music in 2005, a day I accompanied my younger brother Chidex,
 to the studio because he sings too, and they were looking for a female voice to back him up, his producer then dekumzy decided to try me out, it came out beautiful, everyone was complimenting my voice. I went home thought about it and decided to look towards that direction.
XP:what lead to the breach of the girls crew 'desperate chicks"?
STORMREX: Nothing happened, we just parted, because we all had our individual dreams to pursue.


XP: which do you prefer, you of desperate chicks or you as Solo" Storm Rex"
STORMREX: Of course i prefer me as "stormrex"
XP: How do you handle mistakes during performances.
STORMREX: Any mistake during performance becomes part of the performance,  if the mistake results from the backup dancers or the dj or me and its addressable then i'll address it after the show if not I'll just let it go.


XP: Do you get Nervous before a performance, if yes is it normal to be nervous before a performance?
STORMREX: Yes i do and its very normal to be nervous before performance.
XP: Where do you gather your songwriting inspiration from?
STORMREX: From God and things that happen around me.
XP:do you have any particular person you admire?
STORMREX: Yes i have alot of people i admire not just one, some of them are Onyeka Onwenu,Miriam Makeba, Angélique Kidjo Beyonce,Rhianna, Alicia keys....... And i can go on..........
XP:How would you describe and rate the Nigeria music Industry?
STORMREX: I think its growing faster and becoming vaster and very industrious now.
If you are in the right place and working with the right people.
XP:You have a special way of delivering your songs in the Igbo dialect, yet your fans love it, even those not from Igbo. How do you pull that through?
STORMREX: I pull that through because its simply my style, its my niche.
So I try to infuse it into any beat I really feel, But I always make sure I mix it up with English, Especially Pidgin English so my Non-igbo fans would still have an idea of what I'm talking about and not be completely lost.
XP:What personal attribute do you think one must have to be successful?
STORMREX:You have to be a giver, except you don't have.
XP: what's the big dream.
STORMREX: The big dream is to be very successful in anything I do and also be a helping hand to the people I can.
XP:what does the word "success" means to you.
STORMREX: Success to me is being prosperous in what you do.
XP:Do you have any upcoming plans for your music career you will like to talk to us about?
STORMREX: I'll leave it as a surprise.


XP: Hahahhahahaha, its alright, we trust you. So what's your advice for upcoming Female Artist.
STORMREX:My advice to them is to keep it up, just know what you really want and be focused, its not easy, you might get frustrated in the beginning, but if you are consistent and working with the right people, you will get there.


XP: Awwwww, really inspiring......
Thank you so much for finding time to hook up with us....
We love you!!!
God bless.
And that's it...
My name is Omaje and this is the XPERIENCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:
Drop Comments
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by ANY STAFF OF ENEKEM.
*ENEKEM Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Enekem.com
*cheers*

NEW MUSIC: Saint (@Saint_ntb) - Koko

This tune is banging ,Guys check out this KoKo jam by Saint  Atunnise Olaoluwa aka Saint is a songwriter/singer claims whose aim is to deliv...