Thursday, May 21, 2015

WEEK ON XPERIENCE: Meet 'NNEJI TOBE' The Medial Mogule What Wanted To Be A DOCTOR

Hello!!!
I am Omaje and this is the XPERIENCE.

In this episode we have a very interesting guest.
Her name is Nneji Tobechukwu popular known as Tobe da diva.

I call her the "media mogule"
She started her journey way back in 2007, thats over 8 years now and counting.

Tobe is one of those youths who went to school because mummy and daddy says education gives you a brighter future, As funny as it seems, she was still dedicated and Focused and never saw the media coming.

Her childhood dream was being a doctor,have a good life and be comfortable.
Not until she got bored, and wanted to get something doing After her tertiary education, in that state she decided to attend a broadcast audition in Abuja, where she was selected.

And here she is!
Producing mighty waves in the Broadcast media industry.
We love Tobe and we applaude her hard work and uniqueness.

Well, As a proactive lady.
Tobe develops new hobbies regularly….one time it was photography, another time it was sketching, at a point it was reading horror novels (she still read them though) but currently, the hobby is video editing, Reading random stuff online, writing (she has a blog she update with my writings) and travelling, she loves to travel!

Her birthday anniversary is on the 19th of january, you want to know what she will consider a birthday gift? read in her own writings

"Hahaha….i love cash, gadgets, shoes and clothes…so anything in there is just fine. Lol. Really though, for birthdays, I do not really have gift preferences…anything works."

Anything doesn't work, make sure you pick one of the First four ,or all them, if you want to be her pal. Not kidding.

And for her favourite food, hear it!
"mmmm….i really like to eat spare ribs but off the top of my head, I always order Pounded Yam and Vegetable or white soup…."

And for her best loved outfit.

"mmmm….thats a tough one. I dress according to how I feel when I wake up. The constant thing is that I like to be comfortable in what ever I wear. I don't think I have any fav outfit but Black is my fav color….there is always something black on me"

So lovers!!!
Enjoy our interview with Tobe da diva.

XP:tell us about your journey in the Broadcast media industry.

TOBE:My journey….it has been one with a lot of ups and downs. I got out of school in 2007 and, just because I had nothing better to do, I went for a radio audition in Abuja and got selected. Went on air for the 1st time in December of 2007 on Vision FM Abuja. Then I moved to Kiss FM in 2009 where I rose to the position of News Editor. In 2012 I moved to Enugu to work as the Programs Manager for Dream FM. In late 2014 I took a contract to work with GoUni Radio for a short time and set up the station. Currently, I am working on my own syndicated radio program "The New Woman Radio Show" and a live show on Dream FM, "On Air with TobeDadiva"

Since 2007, It's been working in broadcast media in various capacities, learning new tricks and pretty much, trying to grow in the industry…that's my journey.

XP:if you had the chance to start your career over again what would you do differently.

TOBE:Mmm….I would take more risks at the beginning and not be so afraid. I think I was a little too careful and let a lot of chances pass by but at the same time, I am kind of glad for the mistakes and experiences cause they are playing major roles in my decisions right now.

XP:is there any particular reason you chooses to be an On air personality.

TOBE:At the beginning, not really. I was just fresh out of school and wanted to keep myself busy before NYSC. But within a few month, I realized that I wanted to be in broadcasting…It became hard for me to imagine a life where I wasn't a broadcraster.
One experience in 2009 made a lasting impact though…I was hosting the night show on Kiss FM and a girl (her name was Crystal), called up on the show and went on and on about how messed up her life was and she described how she was going to drink herself to stupor and hope that she would die. She talked about her complicated relationships and I just spent time on the phone with her…I think we spent over an hour…(usually that would be too long to spend with a caller but for some reason, I just went ahead and did it). A week later, she came by the office to see me and tell me how speaking with me helped her out of her depression.

That singular experience gave me new reason and drive.

XP:
Since you didn't see the OAP thing coming and It was not part of the plan, what would you have rather made you popular?

TOBE: Lol.
I didn't start out wanting to be popular. I just wanted to work and then make money. I honestly didn't know what I was gonna be when I finished school.
I was gonna be a doctor....but that didn't work out cz I couldn't wrap my head around chemistry
I was pretty much like most young people....just floating thru. ..till media found me.

XP: Tell us about the "bedroom diaries"  and what you aim to achieve.

TOBE:Hahahaha….the bedroom diaries. It is a new fun web video project I started a few weeks back. I am a person who believes in self developing, learning new things and pushing yourself….Bedroom diaries is my attempt at that. I taught myself basic video editing just to do it…I honestly feel very proud.

Bedroom Diaries is a Vlog series where I talk about different things with friends and guests, either in my bedroom or theirs. It is recorded on my PC and we all just go in on the topic of discussion for the week.

The aim is to entertain the viewers while starting up random conversations among friends. It comes out every Monday on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/c/TobechiNneji and is updated on my blog www.tobedadiva.blogspot.com

XP:what has been your challenges in the industry so far.

TOBE:Biggest challenge would be having people take me seriously. A lot of people just see a small fine girl that they can hit on every time I walk into a room…it is rather tiring having to discuss work matters with a person who would rather be hitting on you.

XP:who has been your greatest inspiration?

TOBE:Mmmm….I have a long list…Funmi Iyanda certainly is on it. She has a very strong personality I can only hope to develop. I am also very inspired by Mo Abudu…she makes me realize that it's never too late to follow my heart. I newly discovered Femi Jacobs and I am still getting to know him (from afar o…lol)

XP:How far are you willing to go to take ur career to.

TOBE: Ha! How do I answer this now….ok! I wont do anything that is illegal or that is bad for my soul for my career. Everything else is doable and negotiable.  I intend to have my career span through different spheres of broadcasting and I hope to leave a legacy that people can use as reference while trying to build their own careers.

XP:do you have any particular person you admire?

TOBE:Yes. Several. I could write a long list, especially here in Enugu. In the industry, I admire Toke Makinwa…her skin is tough as nails and the way she publicly praises God is very inspiring. I also really admire Gbemi (beat Fm)…she seems so put together, smart and straightforward.

XP:what would you say made  you different from other OAP's

TOBE:mmm….I can't really say…I try to put in the work…it's not just baseless talk for me. So maybe that's what sets me apart…you might have to ask listeners for this one. Lol

XP:is there anything else you do outside broadcast media?

TOBE: Yes. I run a content/ideas development outfit called Madiva Concepts. We develop ideas and plans for events and media content and develop plans/proposals for them.

Recently, I have been toying with the idea of doing some modeling and acting….maybe I will

XP:where do you see yourself in 10 years.

TOBE: In 10 years I wanna rule the world….lol.
Seriously though, in 10 years, I see myself with a family, running my own syndicated show across the country and looking out for the next risk to take. If I go ahead and get into acting, then in 10 years, I see me on the big screen

XP:what's your advice to upcoming on Air personality.

TOBE:
Self Development….there is so much you can learn on your own…the days of being saved by a good looking body and an accent are coming to an end, you gotta have brains, wit and skill.

CONTACT TOBE

@tobedadiva
on all social media (facebook, twitter, instagram)

Thank you for reading, I am Omaje.
Stay put for our next episode

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:
Drop Comments
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by ANY STAFF OF ENEKEM.
*ENEKEM Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Enekem.com
*cheers*

NEW MUSIC: Saint (@Saint_ntb) - Koko

This tune is banging ,Guys check out this KoKo jam by Saint  Atunnise Olaoluwa aka Saint is a songwriter/singer claims whose aim is to deliv...