Thursday, April 2, 2015

Must read!!!OMA of "Omaliving show" Talks about life, career and an ideal society on the XPERIENCE


Hello!
And welcome to this weeks episode of the XPERIENCE, and our special guest is, OMA MARILYN ANONA.
The great oma, the Oprah of our time, a woman of virtue and substance, the voice of the youths, a damsel with the drive to inspire the uninspired, a woman of great strength, we celebrate your uniqueness oma.
Get to know this phenomenal Woman, as she gives a grand introduction of herself, please enjoy!!!
XP: Oma,tell us in a summary what you do.
Oma Marilyn Anona: I will start by telling you who Oma is, Oma is a young Nigerian woman born into a nuclear family as the 1st off spring of her parents. Oma is from Anambra state, Nigeria.
Oma was born in the late 80s.
She is a graduate of medical/natural science but a born, writer, actor and speaker.
Oma is the TV talk show host and producer of your phenomenal TV talk show "Omaliving Show" a show set out to inspire the uninspired particularly the youths by focusing on self discovery, our society, our value system and of course nagging issues.
Oma is also a public speaker and has spoken at many events big and small.
Oma is also a creative writer and occasionally drops some of her writings on www.poshmarilyn.wordpress.com
She anchored the poetry pot on MYTV AFRICA, a show that uses poems to inspire people.
In a nutshell or pulling it all together, Oma is a natural. A Multi talented Nigerian youth who has a knack for uniqueness and transformation. She believes that the society will be a better place if the individuals that make up this society are on the right track. She is trying to make this possible by inspiring them at every point in time. Oma reaches out to the society through various ways apart from the TV and writing. Example on the 21st of March 2015, she organised A MARCH AGAINST SOCIETAL VICES "save our youths", she assembles youths often through seminars, get together etc discussing issues that bother us and proffering solutions to them.
XP: You studied medical natural science, what intrigued the divert into the art world?
Oma Marilyn Anona: The world itself is art. That's number one! Again, during our growth or developmental stage, we are often not allowed to think for ourselves. There is a certain standard or way our parents or teachers would want us to go by. So growing up, it was "THE MOST BRAINY" that were urged to read science. Being in a science class because you made "A" in all your subject in junior WAEC. Yeah you must study sciences because you are brainy and the ones who are perceived to be less brainy were pushed into the art class,That was the tradition that has made a lot of people depressed or living in bondage for life. That was how I saw my self studying sciences because oh you are the best or one of the best student and you must study sciences and the funny thing is parents were lobbying to have their kids in the science class.
A complex problem it is and that's one of the things that gave birth to Omaliving show,And the brand Oma
And back to your question
Why did I deviate? I didn't deviate!!! Because I have always being art personified
Even as a science student I was art
It's a gift that no course of study could stop
I stand up and make a 30 minutes speech without pre preparation or knowledge about the issue to be discussed,I sit and write a story while people are talking without them knowing I am miles away.
I can act a full drama for you without thinking about it,i sing like I am paid to sing.So I didn't deviate because I didn't have to
I have always been art, I didn't have to learn it.
And I have always known that the laboratory isn't for me.
Yeah I could score ALPHAS in science courses but it doesn't mean that is my calling or purpose.
XP:To what do you owe your intelligence, virtues and strength.
Oma Marilyn Anona: Intelligence is more of an inherited trait. So I would say my parents. The same for strength and virtue. I got them all from my parents. I have the best parents on earth.
Very disciplined and over protective
XP: yes, in a latent state, how did you develop it?
Oma Marilyn Anona: It was never latent
It was always there
Didn't need developing it was always ticking
As a child I would notice what most kids my age didn't notice or don't notice. When a teacher is dictating a note, I would finish a line before him or her does. My brain was always ticking. I am not the reading type but I never forget any word said as long as I heard it and my imaginations run so deep
And then I am so curious and my dad encouraged that
They made me speak out and made me so confident by giving me all the beautiful Names in the world, I actually grew up thinking I was the most beautiful girl on earth. And I would train my kids same way.
XP: Really great, but a lot of people where born with such intelligence like yours, but not all of them are able to get to where you are now, what made the difference oma, what made helped you pull through?
Oma Marilyn Anona: My parents would have preferred a medical doctor! I come from a background where school and certificate and professional courses were the only measure for success . So I won't say my parents now because if I was listening to them all through i would have been in some hospital unhappy
I remembered expressing great joy when the school was in for medicine was not accredited and my dad said I was mad for being happy at youths my natural drive as a person and my tenacity and self will made me get this far and is still keeping me on track because it is not an easy journey,Especially when it's not just about you but the entire youths.
XP: What has been your major challenge?
Oma Marilyn Anona: I am not a fan of the word CHALLENGE! (Hahahaha) i remember warning someone two weeks ago,to stop asking me "what is the challenge"
But yes there are hurdles!
Sometimes the ride is so bumpy, But for me they are not challenges, they are just part of the process that eventually gives a good product! So I don't have any challenge
I am just growing and learning and of course having to do a lot of OPPORTUNITY COST and those are not challenges to me.
XP:So what are the stuffs that makes the ride bumpy?
Oma Marilyn Anona: We plant, which includes tilling , making a mound or ridge, then watering, weeding, waiting for it to grow, them harvesting.
So those are the bumps and they are not challenges but part of the process.
I am all about the positive.
XP: Do you have a favourite positive. like someone you admire?
Oma Marilyn Anona: I grew up being associated with a lot of names. I kept hearing Oprah, to the point it became a nickname "little Oprah", I admire her strength and class and intelligence and relevance all these years . And she is a left hander like me . I do not have any favourite person but I like to draw a trait or two from people. Like my sister Chimamanda Adichie, I see a lot of me in her. She is so bold and never afraid to stand alone. I pick people for different reasons. And the man
In my life is one person I admire greatly too. He is so so humble and highly intelligent.
I love Angelina Jolie a lot too
XP: Hmmm, that's fantastic, tell us about "the man in your life" and how you feel about him?
Oma Marilyn Anona: I love him so much. He is a very good man. I have never met anyone like him. He is so awesome.
That's all I can say for now.
XP: Who has the most influence in your life and why?
Oma Marilyn Anona: I have the most influence on my life! I want to be what I seek in others. I want to be proud of me. I am my influence and reason is because I love me.
XP: Is there no one you owe a thing or two to?
Oma Marilyn Anona: I owe God ,My PARENTS, and THE MAN IN MY LIFE.
XP: What is the riskest thing you've ever done?
Oma Marilyn Anona: Leaving a well paying job to work for free because I want to live my propose and dream.
XP: Wow! Not everybody get such an opportunity, how did you get funds to start you oma living show?
Oma Marilyn Anona: It's an answer I would give on an episode of Omaliving Show and that's the more reason why you should not miss any episode,But until them never miss any episode once it hits the screen.
XP: What's your own definition of "woman" ?
Oma Marilyn Anona: A woman is a symbol of virtue, grace, strength, nurture and patience! A woman is a nation, A true woman, is not to be defined by style, culture, smell or personality. She stands by what she believes
She is bent on making the right decisions no matter how tough
She is honest, loyal and faithful
A woman is not one with big boobs and ass.
The soul is the woman
The woman is like a silk, Soft in appearance and feel,But strong beyond comprehension.
XP: What's the BIG dream , where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Oma Marilyn Anona: 10 years Oma the brand would be a global figure that has affected the world in many ways. What i am doing positive. be exhausted so in 10 years by then I would have been older and have lots of global presence touching and changing the lives of the youths in other African countries, Asia and the entire world,My books and movies creative produce more, in there alone time, its a sure trait.
XP:Who is your favourite author and why?
Oma Marilyn Anona: I don't have any favourite author,I love good books ,Anything that catches my attention and interest I read,It may not necessarily be a book,I like good books,And there are various types of books, A good author is a good author.
XP: You aim so much at the youth, do you think a perfect society is achievable and what can you rate the present situation of the Nigerian youths?
Oma Marilyn Anona: There is no perfect society anywhere, we can only try. A near perfect society can be achieved and that's why we have to be on the right path .we have to discover who we are and put our lives to good use.
We can't go on blaming the government!
We are the Goverment and Oma is saying that discovering your self will go a long way to reduce most of the problems we encounter in the society'
The youths do not help matters sometimes, I am afraid, but most of us do not like the process, we just like the product and that is very wrong,We must count A before going on to Z
Most are lazy and greedy
Oma wants to change this mentality of get rich quick and the belief that anything trending is cool.
XP :And whom would you call a "success" ?
Oma Marilyn Anona: Success is a relative word, it Means different things to different people.
But on the whole,Success to mean is all about discovering who you really are and living that life you were created to live. It's not about money or material things,I would never call an armed robber or a prostitute successful no matter the amount of money they have,It's about maximising your potential and letting the world benefit from your talent and gift.
XP:Your word of advice to the youths in one sentence.
Oma Marilyn Anona: Embark on the journey of self discovery today! Stay away from vices! Embrace the process to have a good product! Hardwork pays!
Oma is saying live well and succeed, make it work!
Be the change you want to see, it starts from you.
Follow oma
FB:Marilyn Oma Anona
Instagram @omalivingshow
Twitter @poshmarilyn
www.poshmarilyn.wordpress.com
www.alphagammamm.com
And follow! Us!
BBM channnel: C0041AFE3
BBM PIN:532ea67f
Omajeuniversal@gmail.com
FB:The XPERIENCE
Twitter:@OMAJE_94
Instagram:@iamomaje
08109823447














































No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:
Drop Comments
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by ANY STAFF OF ENEKEM.
*ENEKEM Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Enekem.com
*cheers*

NEW MUSIC: Saint (@Saint_ntb) - Koko

This tune is banging ,Guys check out this KoKo jam by Saint  Atunnise Olaoluwa aka Saint is a songwriter/singer claims whose aim is to deliv...