Monday, March 9, 2015

The Fine Boy Syndrome !!! (Must Read)

My good friend (Rukiyatu) is a confirmed sucker for fine boys but everyone was surprised at the man she ended up with-at the altar… Someone, she even confirmed is not a looker in anyway, yet he happens to be the only man (according to her)-who has been exceptionally good to her-since she began to date men. All her fine boys 'parole' ended in heart breaks. Her 'tango' with the man that turned out to be her husband was(however) not without some drawbacks because at some point…it looked like she could not get over her hang on fine boys but this man continued to win her heart with every attribute of a real man. She said that after taking a long look at him one day, she finally asked why you no manage fine small nah? everything for 'gel' sharp sharp-if to say you manage gather better looks…and I thought I was blunt.


I have interacted with a good number of male admirers over the years but the one that came very close to the qualities(substance and values) that I admire in a man actually has a slight physical deformity. Yet…that did not stop me from seeing his virtues.

If there is one lesson that life has consistently taught me, it's the fact that our blessings will not always come in attractive packages.I took a hard look at the reality of my life so far and actually realized that the answers did not always come from the places I looked…they were usually from unexpected quarters but somehow, life connected the dots for me. Probably because I have learnt to hold my peace when I have given things my hardest push and nothing seems to budge.

Perhaps, you need to start looking at life from this angle the next time the other side of your wish stares you in the face instead…that could very well be where your answers are. Do not have your hope fixated on a particular spot, that you are unwilling to give things that are outside your expectation a chance…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:
Drop Comments
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by ANY STAFF OF ENEKEM.
*ENEKEM Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Enekem.com
*cheers*

NEW MUSIC: Saint (@Saint_ntb) - Koko

This tune is banging ,Guys check out this KoKo jam by Saint  Atunnise Olaoluwa aka Saint is a songwriter/singer claims whose aim is to deliv...