Friday, January 23, 2015

(Must Read) CHECK YOUR LIST

My phone has been getting unnecessarily hot these days, and as such, has resulted in my battery draining a lot faster than normal. I couldn't keep carrying my charger in the bag everywhere I go, so I decided to find out what was wrong.


In the background, were unnecessary applications running on its own accord, applications and games which contributed little or zero percent to the efficacy of my phone, and which, more annoyingly was draining my battery power. I force stopped this applications, and now, my phone power consumption is back to normal; occasionally, I would go back to my app settings to check which application wasn't contributing to my phone's well being, and I would discard it.


LESSONS LEARNT:
Socrates once said that a a life which is not regularly examined is not worth living. Once in a while, there's need for us to pause, have a sober reflection , go through our friends list and see who is who. After I had stopped being part of the crowd and started being who I was meant to be, I came to realise that there were some particular group of friends whom after haven visited, I felt drained and empty, I felt so out of place; I realised these ones, at every conversation added not even an iota of positive thought/influence to me. These ones kept draining my purpose battery power. They were my friends, some, childhood friends, some, I met as I grew older. And on the other hand, I noticed that there were some friends, whether older or peer, who at each conversation, something meaningful was added to my life;


I realised that I kept on looking forward to meeting these friends, I realised that I looked forward to spending much time with them even though I wasn't getting any material thing in return. Spending time with them shaped my thought pattern; my ideologies and philosophy about life changed; and it dawned on me these friends were playing alot more positive role in my life than I could care to admit. So in other to preserve more battery life, I started curtailing the company of friends that I allowed into my circle, friends I spent much time with; I discarded the ones who kept draining me;


I opened my arms to the ones who brought out the best in me.
You see, there are certain friends in whose company you would always see nothing but the negative part of you; friends who will always bring out the worst in you, and you'll keep wondering, "am I this naughty, am I this wild, am I this purposeless?" And there are friends, in whose company you would always see yourself improving, discussing multi million ideas, discussing live changing projects, analysing and debating issues that matter. I would always tell my friend Kristiana Imeh, that the day I stop adding positively to your life, the day I stop being a positive influence; that day, know that I've outlived my usefulness to you; that day I stop being your friend.

So please, like I do to my phone, always discard the applications (friends) that keeps draining you. Though that doesn't mean that you can't reach out to them and be an agent of change in their lives; but in the process of doing so, don't get dragged down into the same pit you laboured to crawl out from.

#AWordIsEnoughForTheWise
#KnowYourFriends
#Gen. Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:
Drop Comments
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by ANY STAFF OF ENEKEM.
*ENEKEM Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Enekem.com
*cheers*

NEW MUSIC: Saint (@Saint_ntb) - Koko

This tune is banging ,Guys check out this KoKo jam by Saint  Atunnise Olaoluwa aka Saint is a songwriter/singer claims whose aim is to deliv...